Panorama9 can be used to automatically discover devices that responds to SNMP queries. Supported devices include:
- NAS (Network Attached Storage)
- UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)
The Panorama9 system will use computers and servers that have the P9 Agent installed to locate, monitor and query SNMP enabled devices. Discovery tasks are automatically created by the Panorama9 cloud.
Here is what it takes to discover your devices
- SNMP version 1 or 2c needs to be enabled on the device.
- Let us know which IP ranges in your network we should scan for devices ("Manage" –> "IP ranges").
- Make sure there are machines in the above entered ranges that have the P9 agent installed (preferably a server).
- If you’re using other community strings than "public", they should be entered here: "Monitoring" -> "Monitors" -> "Availability" -> "SNMP community strings" (for more info see here).
My device is still not being detected, why?
Please make sure that you have followed the steps above. If you made any configuration changes it may take up to 24 hours before the Panorama9 system tries to re-discover your device (if last time failed, there is a cool-down period of 1 day before we try again).
You may also verify how your SNMP enabled device replies to SNMP queries. Building a SNMP query may seem complicated, but here is a guide that will quickly help you determine the problem.